Under the Food Safety and Standards Act of 2006, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) was established as an autonomous organisation. To operate any form of food company in India, an FSSAI food licence is required. You can only operate your food business in India if you have an FSSAI License certificate. Depending on the annual turnover and kind of establishment or firm, there are three forms of registration available. If you want to run a food business, this is one of the most necessary licences to acquire. Manufacturers, distributors, and restaurants are given a 14-digit identifying number. It must be printed on all food packages by law.
FSSAI standards are designed to achieve the following goals:
- The establishment of scientifically based standard norms for food publications.
- Maintaining and controlling the manufacture, storage, selling, delivery, and import of food in the most effective manner.
- Ensure and promote the quality and protection of food supplied by food establishments to the general public.
FSSAI REGISTRATION PROCESS GUIDELINES:
simply follow the steps outlined below:
- For registration, visit official site.
- APPLICANT/COMPANY NAME: Enter the name of the company or organisation that will be written on the FSSAI certificate.
- EMAIL ID: Enter the applicant’s valid e-mail address.
- BUSINESS NATURE: Pick the type of business you want to run.
- FOOD CATEGORY NAME: Select a food category type.
- SELECT DESIGNATION: From the list of choices, choose the type of organization.
- BUSINESS ADDRESS: Fill in the correct address, which will be printed on the FSSAI certificate.
- VALIDITY OF THE CERTIFICATE: Fill up number of years
Then, submit the application form and upload all required documents as requested. After successful submission of application and documents, applicants need to press the VALIDATE button for validation.
Documents Required during FSSAI Registration for FSSAI License:
- PAN Card (Personal Identification Number) of the Business Owner.
- Proof of identification (Driving License / Aadhaar Card / Voter ID Card / etc).
- Proof of company address (rent contract, NOC, water and energy bill, and so on).
- Land Papers Copies (if owned).
- A departmental copy of any certificate for registry.
- applicant’s current passport-sized photograph
What are the requirements for FSSAI membership?
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India requires all food business operators (FBO) in India to get a food licence (FSSAI). FSSAI Registration is a food safety certificate granted by India’s food authority that ensures the safety of food products. We are a private consulting firm with extensive experience in obtaining an FSSAI food licence. On our website, you will find the fssai registration application form.
Why is it necessary to register with the FSSAI?
The FSSAI was established to develop science-based standards for food products and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale, and import in order to ensure that nutritious and wholesome food is available for human consumption. All food traders, suppliers, and restaurants are required to obtain a 14-digit licence number that is written on their food products. For traders or all food business operators who are involved in the food business, FSSAI registration is required.
FSSAI/Food Licenses are divided into three categories based on the turnover of the food business operator.
Basic FSSAI License:
Food Business Operators (FBO) with an annual turnover of less than Rs 12 lakhs must complete the basic registration.
Those who produce or sell food, either directly or through a retailer, hawker, itinerant vendor, or temporary stall owner.
State FSSAI License:
Any food company with an annual turnover of more than Rs 12 lakhs but less than Rs 20 crore needs an FSSAI State License.
This licence is for SMEs such as transportation companies, storage facilities, shipping companies, dealers, advertisers, and so on.
Central FSSAI License:
Food business operators whose annual turnover exceeds Rs 20 crore require the Central FSSAI License Registration.
Importers of food or export-oriented businesses, major producers, operators in Central Government Agencies, ports or airports, and other businesses need FSSAI-issued central licences.
FSSAI REGISTRATION PROCESS:
- Visit our FSSAI registration portal.
- Fill out the FSSAI Registration form and upload the required documents.
- Make a payment of your application for a food licence.
- Within a few working days of submitting your application form, required documents, and payment, you will receive your FSSAI licence at your registered email address.