Car lockout is quite common these days, and you can be the next one to get stuck in it. When you have enough time or want professional help, you can call a locksmith. Or you can use a duplicate key to get in your car if you have one with you. But what if you don’t have a duplicate key and you can’t call a locksmith as well because you are in a hurry and don’t have much time to wait for a locksmith. To avoid such scenarios, you can use the below-mentioned methods to unlock a car door when you are locked outside your vehicle. These methods are super easy and won’t take much time.
1- Use a Wedge
With the help of a wedge or any other tool similar to it, you can get inside your car easily when you are locked out. When inserted through the top of the door, a wedge opens it wide enough so that a metal rod can be inserted inside. With this rod pulling the lock’s pin, you can easily open the car door. Here is a complete overview of this method.
- First of all, you will need a wedge-like tool that should be thin enough to pass through the top of the door and the window frame. If a wedge isn’t available, you can use a scale or a knife.
- Insert this tool between the car’s body and the door frame and hold it there for some time. Use your hand to open the gap more, eventually creating more space for the tool.
- Keep inserting the tool further down until it is seen from the window.
- Use a fishing rod with a hook attached at one end and carefully insert it through the opening. If a fishing rod is unavailable, use a metal wire but create a hook at one end.
- Once the hook is over the lock’s pin, carefully pull it with the hook and open the door.
2- Use your Shoe Strings
Using a shoestring is the simplest lock opening technique that you can use when you are car lockout. The shoelace method is quite similar to the one discussed above but is easier. Here is what you will have to do with your shoelaces to get inside your car.
- Remove your shoelaces and tie a knot in the center to make a loop. This step is done so the knot can be further tightened when placed around the lock mechanism.
- Insert the shoelace through the gap between the car door and the frame.
- After that, put the loop of the shoelace around the lock pin. Pull the laces to tighten the grip, and finally pull both the laces together to open the lock.
3- Use a Screwdriver
Screwdrivers are among those tools that are easily available in car kits. It can be used to get inside your car within a few minutes. Although, you might still need a long and thin tool to pull the lock pin. A screwdriver will gently open the door, and when you reach a certain gap, insert a thin metal rod and press the open button. However, using a metal object to open the car door carries potential risks and can damage the exterior of your car. Therefore, you will have to do this process with extreme care. If you don’t have a screwdriver, try locating a hardware shop nearby and get one.
4- Get Professional Help
If you cannot open your car lock yourself, then the best way to deal with your lockout situation is to hire a professional locksmith. So, if you’ve been trying to open the car door but it’s not helping, you must bring in a professional locksmiths make car keys without original.
- If your vehicle is locked, you can call a company that provides roadside assistance. They have professionals who will give you access to your car quickly and will reach you in minutes.
- You must look for an automobile locksmith in the areas where you might find it difficult to get roadside assistance. These credible technicians easily open the car door locks and ensure that no damage is done during the process. You can also get a spare key from them if you want to avoid a lockout in the future.
The methods shared above can prove to be vital if you have locked yourself out of your car and don’t know what to do next. Whether you do it yourself or call an expert, all of these will work perfectly in your favor. Be careful while using these methods, and make sure you don’t break a window or use sharp tools to get inside your car. These methods are safe and eliminate the use of high-risk options to unlock the car door.